Monday 24 September 2012

French movie!

Friday, 4pm, and as usual, we have our Media Appreciation lecture, and this time, our lecturer decided to let us to watch a French movie, and be frank, I was worrying that he is going to show us the movie like 'Baraka', I understand that the movie has a lots of meaning inside but, with just music and pictures for that movie, I can actually sleep! sorry for the insult, and I'm glad that this time it is not!

The name of this movie was 'Delicatessen', a words which is a German loanword which first appeared in English in 1889, and it is actually a French word, the meaning is, a food which is specially prepared, and actually it has nothing to do with the movie. My lecturer told me that this movie is a very intelligent movie and it requires us to do a research and write about it and so here am I. When the movie begin,I can see a French man who tried to ask the owner of the flat to give him a job, and at last, he got the job and he stay in the flat, the main actor, Louison, who used to work as a clown, get to know the daughter of the owner and soon they fall in love to each other, for what I understand in this movie, during that period the food is short in supply so grain is counted as their currency, and throughout this movie I understand that during that period the food is scarce, so anything can happen, for example, the owner even tried to kill Louison to eat him!

Basically this movies has a lots of deep meaning inside, if you wanted to know more about this movie, go and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment