Tuesday 18 September 2012

Taboo time!

Today I have an awesome time with my course mates! We had a join tutorial class for Media Appreciation, and this time, our lecturer decide to let us to play a game instead of having a class which I believe few people will felt bored and go to toilet instantly.

The name of the game is so called 'Taboo' a game which can make our brain to think and process fast, basically I've played this game before during my high school time but this time it is a bit different from my version, for this time, we don't act it out once we get the word, instead we need to say it out, and explain the meaning of words which we have few key words that we are not allowed to say it out too, and of course, we have to explain it in a short time because the time is limited. There are few games which is similar from this games for the best example, Puzzle. From this game I found a lot of lesson that I can learn from this game, the best example, teamwork, the moment when my teammates are trying his or her very best to explain the word, all of my teammates were excited of guessing it, and the main reason that we were exciting guessing the word is, we wanted to beat the other team! so I founded that actually mt course mates are so clever while playing this game, and I have to sit quietly since I'm quite poor in guessing it. Our lecturer told us that we can choose anyone from the team to do the explanation, so at the beginning I did not prepare myself for this game, and I decided to sit and guess the word as good as I can. But soon the moment when I realize that the point that we got for our team are so far behind from our opponent, I decided to represent myself for my team. When I got the word, all the thing that came to mind is, how am I going to explain it out, I found that there are few words that I can't understand so I have to find a word that I can explain and describe it out, luckily at last, I got one word guessed correctly, although it is just one and few of my classmates got six words correct, but few of my team mates said that I explained it very well, so I was happy with my performance.

I believe the most important lesson from this game is, learn to think and process fast, my lecturer was absolutely correct, the moment when you get the word, you need to explain and describe it clearly as the time is limited, and from this game we can see who has a faster process if brain, and we can improve more with this game. I enjoyed a lot in this game, hope to play the game again, and for those who had not tried this game, go and try it, you will love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment